View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:35 PM

About:
naveen_ is on a distinguished road

Default XP refusing to install..

Just an update on my problem, I managed to get XP to recognise my hard drive. It turrned out I had to use NLite to install the SATA drivers into the XP installation files before XP could recognise my hard drive! I managed to get XP to install, but when it reboots for the first time, this appears.."Error loading operating system" Any ideas? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen_ View Post
Hi guys, I wonder if someone might be able to help me. I'm trying to install XP on to a machine running 64bit Vista and I'm having a problem at the installation stage of XP. I created the partition of 9gigs in Vista, rebooted with the XP CD but when it comes to choosing which partition to install XP on to, the list is empty apart from four entries of 'Unknown Disk <There is no disk in this drive.>' which I presume correspond to my in-built memory card reader. Any ideas? My computer is new but I would've thought it would still be able to take XP? There was just one partition on the hard drive to begin with, and the size of the hard drive is 320 GB. Thanks for the help.

New problem!! Computer keeps saying Disk Read Error, press Ctrl, Alt + Del. I've repaired the MBR with the Vista installation disk, many times, but still not working...help!

Last edited by naveen_; 02-07-2008 at 09:44 AM..