View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 05:02 PM

About:
LoanWolf is on a distinguished road

Default acer

ok i have a acer aspire 5520 and as you can see in my above post i had some trouble i managed to get mine fixed here is what i had to do it still has a small problem i can live with but i plan to redo all the processes and clean it up ill repost that when i do i am still haveng a problem with a modem driver

ok i followed the steps here but with acer laptops you dont get a dvd you have to make your own and it dont give you any options it just formats and reinstalls vista so what i had to do was (mine had 2 partions factory) start the xp install like you would from a fresh start and when it got to the directory to where you install i had to delet the d partion and let xp make a new one then install load into xp after it installs then put in my dvd that i made from inside vista with the recovery program and restart and boot to the dvd and let vista reinstall(if you are not willing to lose ever thing you have dont do this) here is where i run into my trouble i had to uses easybcd i plan to redo the process and use williams process to see if i can fix the problems i had but any way when i rebooted i got the missing ntldr error i added them and got a missing hal.dll error to fix that i had to boot to the xp cd and chose repair windows and then type in bootcfg /list enter(dont realy think you have to do this but it was in the instructions i got so i did it )then bootcfg /rebuild hit enter then save it it asked me for some other stuff i wasent shure what it was so i put in xp and vista so when i rebooted and picked xp it had a second list wanting xp and vista i hit xp and it loaded to windows i know this is not a very good post but i will try to fill in the info as soon as i can get my modem drivers fixed

if any one has found a working cnx driver for a aspire 5520 in xp i would realy like the link i have tryed about 10 and none of them work i did see on a hp driver page that there cnx needs xp sp3 to work and im on dile up so i cant download sp 2 or 3any way i hope this post helps some one