View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 12:55 PM

About:
hxh103 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Wilson View Post
Could you give me the spec on both computers?
If the drive is spinning, it is likely at least trying to find an OS, but did not. How long did you let it sit with the cursor? Older laptops can take time to boot installers.
William, it is a Sony PCG-R505TSK laptop that has a dock with floppy and DVD drive. The floppy will boot, but the optical drive will not (I've tried using the floppy route to boot to floppy to try to find the optical, but this does not work for me either.) The laptop specs are P3 850MHz, 256 MB RAM, and 20GB HD (Sony consumer electronics guide: PCG-R505TSK - More Specifications) The Bios will not let me load to USB. I let the cursor blink for about 7 minutes before I turned it off.

The desktop that I used was a super old compaq that has pentium 300MHz with 64MB RAM and 7GB HD It has no problem installing windows on this desktop.

Also, after this method did not work, I tried the method in this tutorial that worked flawlessly on my fujitsu lifebook, but this time it gave me the dreaded "ntldr is missing press any key to restart" after setup. I 've tried reformatting HD with partition magic and making it primary, but doesn't seem to fix the problem.