View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 09:21 AM

About:
Soulfly2083 is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Have seen this problem twice but no solution

Hello William,
Ok here is my Problem I have seen 2 Unregistered people bring this up. So I thought I would Register with my systems specs So that maybe I can get the answer to this.
I had no problem with step 1 But when I go to install XP it will load up the basic Drivers(on blue screen). Once done it will say "starting up Windows" which is where you select the HD you will be installing XP on. But i dont make it to that Screen. instead I get a Blue Screen that informs me "Windows has detected a problem that could cause damage, Needs to restart. If this is the first time you have seen this message restart computer and Try again, If Not Try to Run a Virus scan, Remove HD, or CHKDSK /F" At which point I cant do anything else but restart computer.

I have been Realing forum after forum and called Dell Twice(to no luck "We can not help you install XP on your system b/c you bought your system with Vista") in the last 4 days.

What I gather is that I need to chage my SATA (cant remember what to what) From ATA to IDE (or something like that) But in my Bios I dont have an Option to change it (I know the difference b/c I pulled out my old computer and it had the option under "Drivers")

I have taken the HD out of my old computer (with XP SP2 installed) and installed it on my new one and still got that Blue screen only at a different point (Windows loading Screen comes up and quickly changes to the Error screen) The BIOS verison I am using is "Pheonix Rom BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04" Which are the Bios Dell "Recommends"

I like Vista for Directx10 (and related games) but my True Love is FFxi Which will not work on Vista for me so if someone can help me get XP back on my computer there is a good chance that I will give you my first Child haha jk
PS: I dont even care if I keep Vista anymore haha
Thank you!