View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:14 PM

About:
Gnosis18 is on a distinguished road

Default Try as I Might..no luck

This is a fantastic tutorial and the best I've found yet however I seem to be hitting an ordinary wall. I was hoping someone could tell me why and perhaps a solution.

I have followed this tutorial exactly, installing Dos 7.10 using the IDE adapter in a tower (since the HD is a laptop). Then I copied the i386 folder in dos, moved the drive back to the laptop, initiated the install and everything goes perfectly until the computer reboots and starts the final installation (the first colored GUI) where it then prompts me for some asms file from the disc. It prompts me for the location $win_nt$.~LS which is on the drive (I checked) and in the correct spot but seems to be missing this file.

I'm using an OEM version of XP Home SP2. I can't think of a single other variable that makes my situation any different. I've tried a multitude of approaches and now I'm reinstalling dos, putting windows back on, only this time I'm going to include the entire disc. However, I have a feeling this asms file that is missing should be extracted during the initial file copy phase and my having the entire disc may still not make any difference.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.