View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:34 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Hard Boot

Yes, I suppose it is...

Every time I reinstall windows something new happens or something changes...it is as if hidden stuff does or does not chose to expose itself at every reinstall.

I boot up...then the BIOS stuff displays and at the bottom of the black DOS screen it says tap any key to Boot from CD, twice, and then times out and fires up to the next screen which offers the option to begin from XP Home or Windows Recovery. I hit Windows recovery once, and discovered that I don't have such a thing to rely on. It is the same as when the computer first starts up and their are the options across the bottom of the page re: F8 and F12 etc. There is a recover option there, but it does not work either...never has since I had the system built for me.

This whole last black DOS screen never appeared before, only since I last had to reinstall Windows. It is not really bothering me, just an annoying unnecessary step in the startup process. I'd like to kill this page and just get on with things...especially, if no recovery console is available.

Ah, it's always a mystery, that Windows thingy!