View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 AM

About:
tali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex5857 View Post
sweet, that worked, now if only the drivers would install on my laptop, it keeps giving me a error that saying the bios aren't for the computer when i download the exact model and its from the manufacturer so i dont know whats going on, and without the drivers it makes xp pretty much useless
I had some similar trouble, I got to XP and all the hardware was dead because the drivers are embedded in the stupid recovery DVD rather than on a utilities disc. They are unaccessable! So what I did is this: I went to Toshiba (my laptop make) found the model and searched for drivers. I found options there to have drivers for Vista and XP. I have started downloading them and now most of my hardware is up and running. I am obviously going to save them and make my own utilities disc. I don't know if that helps you with your new issue, but I at least glad you're making progress!

Why these companies don't give you a machine on which you make the desicions about what you want rather than supporting one OS only I will never know. Obviously they only make computers for people who want to browse the net and play games, not for people who have bigger techno-ambitions.

My problems seem to be over-ish now, but let me know how you get on and if I can suggest anything, I will!

May the force be with us all!

Tali