View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 PM

About:
tali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex5857 View Post
yeah looks like something about the bios is missing, i also tried to install the drivers for my laptop on xp and it gave me a bios missing error

thanks for the help tali hopefully i can get this running correct!
Alex, it's 2.45 in the morning and I finally sussed it! In the end I had the same problem as you the nltr/ whatever the stupid letters were!! I kept fiddling until my eyes popped out! In the end let me tell you what did it: Vistabootpro allows you to manage your OSs, you can select the drives name them etc. Well I have Vista on C and I created D and put XP there. Vista worked fine, XP would only boot the first time after that I got that missing nt... message.... Well I kept playing, I tried different bootloader installs in Vistabootpro, got XP back once, but then no Vista! After that got Vista back no XP - error again. Well in the end in the OS manager part I selected C drive for both OSs, it seems that somehow the bootloaders for both OSs ended up on C even though XPs on D and Vista's on C. So setting XP to C even though it's actually on D works as that's where the bootloader is?!!!?!>!>!! My approach was not scientific, but I got there - try it! It must be because the VistabootPro is VISTA boot pro so is preferred that drive for la la la la lal..... no real idea actually.... William?

Anyway, what I want to do is go to bed, but I had to let you know as the formus help me so much, so what little I can give back (and believe me it's little) I will!

Tali