View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 10:36 AM

About:
professort4u is on a distinguished road

Hello roger,

I have a similar problem with my computer as was explained but with a slightly dirrefent twist. let me attempt to explain. Power up computer. The windows XP screen comes up with the little blueish greenish progress bars at the bottom. It makes one run form left to right and then there is a flash of 'blue screen' for about a millisecond, the same blue screen you would get when the system crashes and suggests to run scandisks. The screen goes blank and the screen says ' no signal'. then the screen comes back with....'windows did not shut down succedssfully last time'. It also give the option to start in safe mode, safe mode with prompts, with networking, last known working settings or normally. I have tried all of them and the same thing happens. It starts and is interrupted by somethnig and starts over again. I have also tried using the recovery CD that came with the computer. this time it goes a little further. it gets to the screen where it should be checking the sectors but no numbers are moving like its checking anything. It just sits there for about 5-7 minutes and then shuts off...powers down. if I try to press the power button on the front, nothing happens. I have to unplug the power cord from the back for at least 10 seconds and then replug and turn on again. And the cycle starts again. How can i get arpound this behavior? reply to me at [email protected]

Thanks

Norbert.