View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 04:53 PM

About:
Pyroshock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Wilson View Post
The xp formatting tool has a limit to the number of primary partitions it will create and it looks as though you may have reached that, as you have at least 3. Try without your usb drive attached, this can cause issues on installations.
What is this: 0 - (Hidden) - EISA Configuration
Where did you buy your laptop?
Also why do you have a usb primary partition?

If you can't create a new primary partition you cannot install windows.
Thank you for your time.

My computer is a Dell XPS 410.

I don't know why the USB HDD is a primary partition, it is plug and play so I just plugged it in and didn't configure anything with it. I have tried installing without the Flashdrive in, but I will try it without the USB disk now.

Is the total of 3 primary partitions throughout the entire computer or just in seperate discs, because I have two on disk 0 and the USB HDD is disk 2.

And I don't know what the hidden EISA Configuration is. It doesn't have a name in the disk management, and in DISKPART it is simply titled "(Hidden)".

EDIT: I have succeeded in making a primary partition titled "XP" on disk 0 using DISKPART, so I am going to attempt the installation again, without the USB HDD and Flashdrive.

EDIT2: Still BSODs, but I have an idea. In my desktop's BIOS there is an option for the HDD to be in Performance, Suggested, or Quiet mode. I'm thinking that maybe XP doesn't recognize the performance mode? I'll change it to bypass those options and try it again.

Last edited by Pyroshock; 09-08-2007 at 05:27 PM..