View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 03:06 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Maybe a RAW or EMF problem?

We can see that frustration is beginning to rear its toothy grin

The first place I start with any problem or error message is to type it into google...which I just did "spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs to close" Apparently, there are up to 540 hits touching on these exact words and this topic...one of them should have an answer. Independent of that search, I went to search RAW errors and found the first couple to possibly be helpful, depending on the exact nature of the issue...then there is the last note, which is my own case, and noted previously in url #3. Good luck...

1. Anything here help... Microsoft Corporation
2. How about: ACC97: Cannot Print Black Lines on Report When Spool Set to Raw "If you want to have black lines print on your report and gridlines print on your table, query, or form in Datasheet view, change the spool setting of the printer to EMF (Enhanced Metafile format).
3. Or, here...Spool Settings (EMF/RAW) The following is covered on this page, with images to help...and is what my settings are like in XP Home...

My printer is set up so: Enter your Printer setup off the Control Panel...then go to Properties, then to Advanced, then down at the bottom you may see "Print Processor," tap on it...over in the right frame you will see the "RAW" references...these are spooling commands... Tap on each item in the left pane under "Print processor" ...to be sure that RAW appears under each setting...close it up... Go back to the Advanced tab and be sure the "Spool print documents" ...is ticked off and the "Start printing immediately" is ticked off and below, tick off "Print spooled documents first," and "Enable advanced printing features" ...

Any help?

Last edited by b1caez01; 08-24-2007 at 03:12 PM..