View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default What's up with this bandwidth theft?

I'm not too sure that I understand this business...this is how I do understand it, and I look forward to some corrections...and/or discussion.

1. putting a link on your page, that is just sitting there, inactive until someone taps it is not stealing bandwidth...
2. once the link is tapped and the site is visited...how is this any different then anyone just feeding the url into the search field and being taken directly to the site where all the images are located anyway?
3. an url is an open "invitation" to visit, or an open portal to communicate through. If someone does not want visitors then dont post urls, and don't go on the internet...you cannot have it both ways!
4. posting source-images is done for a reason, to direct the viewer to a site the blogger feels is worth the visit, for whatever reason... if visitors are not wanted, then reduce the "attractants" ...what's the point of all the bells and whistles of a site, if not to attract, be noticed, be memorable...
5. be thankful for the through-put...that is what your site advertisers pay you money for...and if you have folks netting extra traffic, that is just that much more in your paypal account...