View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 07:21 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default "Help and Support" XP...not co-operating -DLL corrupt?

1. "Faulting application helpctr.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module mscoree.dll, version 2.0.50727.42, fault address 0x00004c44."

I go to Help and Support, enter the key word, it searches and provides "all the answers" but when I tap on one of the links, nothing appears in the field to the right where the reference is sopposed to be...

2. "Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mscoree.dll, version 2.0.50727.42, fault address 0x00004c44."

When I muss about a bit, error message #1 appears, sometimes, error #2 appears.

Accompanying the second error message is the opportunity to "debug" but upon debugging the entire task bar disappears and then reappears...

mmmmm...what's up with this...?

On first blush, it would be the corrupted mscoree.dll file, but I have six of them on board...so which one is the culprit? And if I use the one from the dll cache to overwrite the others, what then.

I downloaded a "new" copy of mscoree.dll from DLL-files.com - Download all your missing dll-files. and it sits in wait until I can copy it into the proper spot...but where is that?

I await further orders

P/S I have also had some .net installation problems...but no error messages related to mscoree.dll. I have just now found a site where the advice, in this regard, was to get the mscoree.dll file out of the system32 folder. I rechecked the file and find that it is directly related to the .net Framework program. Therefore, that may be the culprit. I'm going to give it a try, and move it out of the system32 folder, and see what happens.

This may be the location of the particular corrupted file.

DO WE NEED IT FOR ANY REASON...can I live without it.

IT WORKED...DELETED THE FILE FROM SYSTEM32 FOLDER...but should I delete all mscoree.dll files?

Now to "experiment" with other progs. I'll be back with a summary later.

Last edited by b1caez01; 07-20-2007 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: updating