Thread: Vista problem
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 PM

About:
tryshz is on a distinguished road

Default This just keeps getting worse...

Hey Martin,
Feel like I know you! Thanks for jumping in on this.

What I did was go to the Start button - then way over to the right you have a choice of buttons - and the "sleep thing" is one of them. But the one I clicked was clearly marked "Shut down" - and that is what I expected it to do.

This morning I am again trying to use this laptop - and when looking at a diagnostic - it is telling me that 88% of resources are being used, and that the machine does not have enough memory to run the system.

I have already turned off all those fancy "looks-only" things - in favor of having the machine run faster - and I have not installed anything on it except the Easy Worship program - which of course doesn't run, even though it is supposed to. (but that's another story).
So.....how do I find out what on earth is using up all the system resources? At this point, I'm thinking we just need to return the machine and go get a Dell, where you can still get it with XP.
I don't mind working to get things going - but when it's not right from the get-go - that is pretty discouraging.

Going to a corner now and tear out my hair....
awaiting a glimmer of hope from you.....please?

Trish