View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 03:41 PM

About:
tryshz is on a distinguished road

Default A littel more info

Let me go through how I understand where we are - just so I'm clear on it.

The intel update did install - then froze my computer - which I then was able to do a System Restore through safe mode and go back to before the update was installed.
Does this mean that even if I restored the computer to before the update - that
it still was there? Not clear on that.

I have several times been able to do a System Restore thru safe mode, as every time I try to re-boot, I get this loop thing going - except for this last time, when it successfully went through (hours and hours) check disk. I have not dared to re-boot my machine since then - for fear that I'll get the same error and have to go thru the System restore again and again.

I have backed up my machine (thank God that is one lesson I learned the hard way - do it every week)

I have to do some work on the computer (I free lance doing websites - and my client will begin to wonder at me if I don't get something done - after being pretty much disabled all last week. So, I will wait til you can reply to this message just to make sure we're on the same page, and then late this afternoon, I will try to re-boot. I will check back til then, and then get back here somehow (via laptop) if the machine quits completely.

Thanks again for your patience and help - I appreciate it so much!

Trish