View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 04:12 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Don't Forget To Use Your Favorite Search Engine

Just sharing...

This is not a criticism of anyone...nor a chastizement ...like who died and appointed me a syschat-cop!!!???

That being said, many of us forget that a lot of our problems can be solved before we even get to the point of having to go online to "syschat" ...or at least, we can do some educating of ourselves before hand, so we are aware of the issues from the perspectives of others. For every problem, we come up against, I would hazzard to guess, that at least a hundred or more have had the same problem...we are all wandering in the wilderness...no need to reinvent the wheel...

I used to use Copernic...and still do at times...I like it's interface, and it is CANADIAN, out of Montreal...

But lately, I have fallen into the Google trap...only because I have a link on my browser's tool bar, and I can't be bothered waiting for Copernic to load, etc..and, I am a speed addict...I want the info yesterday...

When I read of a problem on syschat, and I have an inkling of a solution, or a bit of advice, I immediately go to Google and research the issue, to be sure that I am giving the best advice I can. There are tons of ideas out there, just waiting to be accessed.

That being said, I run to syschat, when all else fails only. It's nice to know, that there is a safe haven at the end of a tap on a link And researching your own issues is the best way to educate yourself...

Also start a Library on your c:\ ... containing every issue you encounter...the problem and the solution. I guarantee, you will have them again... Mine is almost two gigabytes now...with a copy burned to CD. I also include a copy of any software that worked to solve the problem...right there, ready to go...