View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:09 PM

About:
CSUjr is on a distinguished road

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhookem View Post
Hello, there is actually a way of installing xp with vista already installed, unfortunately you will need the Vista DVD to do it along with some software called 'EasyBCD'.
I have EasyBCD but I'm having difficulty getting a bootable Vista DVD and if I can't get one, I'll have to consider other options
Quote:
The only other way I can think of having both OS' on your PC would be to use a separate hard drive.
This computer does have a built-in slot for another Hard Drive. So I'm considering the option that William has suggested below.
Quote:
Also, haven't you got the chipset drivers on your motherboard disc? Or aren't you given that either when you buy the system?
The Motherboard (as well as the OS) is an OEM and is identified as > Motherboard ID: OEM00000 PROD00000000. Therefore, I have not been able to identify it to Intel to get the proper Chipset drivers. Also, HP Help and Support are of no help because everyone there seems to just have the ability to prompt a FAQ database to solve issues. They either can't, don't know how to, or won't put me in touch with an actual Tech that knows how to resolve this. So, after many, many hours of trying to get them to help me with this, Ive decided to look and ask elsewhere.
Quote:
If you decide on either of these options and you need some help then let me know.
Regards
Martin
Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions. I will keep in touch as things develop.
With appreciation,
Charles