Thread: About My P4 Pc
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 05:27 AM

About:
mhookem will become famous soon enoughmhookem will become famous soon enough

Hello Sudheer, can you get hold of another PSU? Perhaps borrow one and hook it up to your motherboard and see if it works. If it does I would get a new PSU.

If this is related to your earlier posts concerning your power supply can I just give you a word of caution. If you are turning your PC on and off without giving approximately 10 seconds in between you could end up damaging you motherboard because you need to wait for the charge left on the board to dissipate.

Try switching the PSU, if the motherboard still doesn't power up, a quick and easy way of checking for damage to the board would be to visually inspect the capacitors. There the cylindrical components on your board, there probably black or blue with a silver top. If there is a visible bulge on the silver top ( the top should be flat and level ) then the capacitors have blown.

Be sure to disconnect the power during inspection just to be on the safe side. If there is any damage to the capacitors it doesn't mean you've lost your board, you can take it to an electronics repair shop. Over here in the UK the capacitors only cost about 20 pence ($0.40) each.

Regards

Martin