View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

So much for support! Bummer... Well, the next alternative, if you still have some store-cred is to take it back to where you bought it and get them to give you the name of the distributor for the player, who in turn might be able to help you get through to whomever built it. You say it was "Sandisk?"

SANDISK: NORTH AMERICAN TECHNICAL SUPPORT

1(866) SAN.DISK (North America)

1-866-726-3475
7 days a week:
4:00 am. - 10:00 pm. (PST)
7:00 am - 1:00 am (EST)
SanDisk grüvi Music Card
1-866-783-7811
SanDisk Cruzer Freedom USB Flash Drive
1-800-839-8265
SanDisk Cruzer with U3 Smart USB Flash
1-866-248-4498
SanDisk Extreme Memory cards
1-866-270-5532

SanDisk | Products | MP3 & Video Players | SanDisk Sansa® c100 Series MP3 Players

"Introducing the Sansa c100 Series MP3 players. Created by the leaders in flash memory, this flash-based player provides everything you need to play music in vibrant color!"

--no mention of a driver???

O.k., I checked the site and the product...no where does it say it needs a driver. It does say that there is included in the pack a "Quick Start Guide, CD with User Guide, and additional flyer inserts" I would therefore assume that the guides would give you a clue as to the need for anything other then what came with the product. Personally speaking, I don't know why it would need a driver anyway...but again, I am not an MP3 player or user. I have bought them as gifts for my three kids, and none of then needed drivers. They worked right out of the box, once the batteries were loaded. As to hooking up to the computer, you'd need a fire-wire hookup probably, but that would be plug and play situation for windows to worry about, not the MP3 player, I would think.

Now the e100 series is different it specifically says "Mass storage compliant, no drivers required" whereas the former makes no mention of drivers one way or the other.

So, my last question, is, where did you get it into your head that you needed drivers? And how were they to be installed? And where were you supposed to find them?

I went back and checked their whole site. In the search field I inserted drivers. No drivers for your MP3 player were indicated...just for the flash memory sticks, for the most part.

Last edited by b1caez01; 04-29-2007 at 03:53 PM..