View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 PM

About:
Drumah is on a distinguished road

trouble Unwanted flashing icon on taskbar

Hi,

HELP!!!!!!!!

I somehow, accidently received an application that I cannot get rid of. There is an icon on my taskbar that flashes from a question mark(?), to a red circle with a diagonal red line through it. When I right or left click on it, it brings up Internet Explorer browser that takes me to a website for a program called "Spywarelocked", which I am requested to purchase. I found a file in my Program files, named "Spywarelocked 3.4" and I'm not sure if I should just delete that to cure the problem.
I tried to uninstall it from my: Start/Programs/Spywarelocked/Uninstall, but the icon continues to appear and flash. I have tries quite a few other ways to try to get rid of it, but have had no luck. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
You may e-mail me too if you would like, but make sure you you indicate in the subject line, that you are sending me a suggestion or idea, by typing in "Possible Cure for your icon problem." I have also tried running several Spyware and Virus programs, but to no avail.
Thank you all so very much for any help you may be able to provide to me.

e-mail: [email protected]
Sincerely,
Drumah

Last edited by Drumah; 04-13-2007 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Incorrect name of program. It is named "Spywarelocked 3.4", not Spylocked 3.4