View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 05:07 AM

About:
2befree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1caez01 View Post
This will be my last word on this subject...I am too suspicious...

"Cheap long distance calls..."
"Try it free..."
"Rate: US$0.02/minute"
"You have a balance of US$0.12 ... Sign up for more credit. "

That's one call for a limit of 6 minutes...not unlimited 6/min/max calls...then you must "sign up" for more credits...they do not say free credits...I tested this proceedure out...you can too... The obvious fact, is that they have introduced a money issue themsleves...think about it... why say it is free, and then talk money???

What are we missing here? Or is just me that thinks that this is not kosher?

>>... in one breath they say in bold letters...

"VOIP CALLING IS FREE

1. Enter your number.
2. Enter your friend's number.
3. We connect you. [<< so you must go through them not a free and open network]
4. You save tons." [<< how can I save "tons" if the call is free?]

>>...in the next breath they tell us that we will save money...money that we did not spend because it was free...we saved 75% in freedom???

"Voip calls save you 75% over normal long distance rates. You can use your normal cell phone or landline. No downloads, headsets or contracts required. Learn more.

DOWNLOADS

* Cheap mobile international calls: Voip from your cell phone."

I am going to end this thread on my part... I do not believe them, that anything is free...they refer to "money" words too frequently...OR...am I just hung up on the issue of reading the fine print!?

They appear to be just selling an introductory service...shop around. There are lots of companies out there that are trying to do the same thing.

VOIP is a process for communication, that depends on a lot of underpinning technology. Technology is not free. I believe they are trying to confuse issues: 1. the technology, and 2. the service, and 3. who is going to bear the costs of not only delivery...but all the infrastructure...and there may be more.

P/S...I read the "Terms of Service" ...I think that you should too...there is some interesting stuff there that should tweak your sensibilities...about the word "free." And you do not have to read too far to see that they refer to charges and the right to change them at their will...think about that...

I will shut up now! I am too old and cantankerous to be, in my humble opinion, fooled!
Just cool it.. I know where you're coming from. Of course I'll read all of the details before signing up for anything. I actually tried the beta thingie on the website and what happened was, my phone rang, I picked it up and they connected me to the person i wanted to talk to.

I think this service of voip.com would be really great for dial up users since you dont have to download anything or use your actual computer or your internet bandwidth to call anyone. It's really, really convenient.

And yes, I have to know the price of the service before getting their service. The thing is, it's the only VoIP provider that works this way. Using your regular phone to call another phone, computer or mobile at a much, much cheaper price.

Thank you for your views and opinions. Really appreciate it.