View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default In the Bag!

Been there, done that...as they say... As I said, I have been working on this for months, and there is little that I have not tried, from an actual non-programmer's point of view. I have been up and down both sides of the internet and on a bunch of fora...no one has been able to crack it. The bag solution refers to the resetting of the number of folders XP can supervise to between 5000 and 8000...that has no affect on this issue.

I am confident, that it is an issue with one of two commands:

1. the command that installs the appropriate registry entry at the point of saving the setting in the first place...and provides for that command to be saved during and after each session...or...

2. the command that installs the complete system settings config for saving all commands, at shutdown...

One or the other is not following through with what it is supposed to do, at the time it is supposed to do it; or, for some reason, it is, but is not holding that in the registry after the fact.

The least little system upset, often will knock the setting off as well...ie. you get it set up and then you run into a problem with something else, then you go back to opening another folder, and ta da, you are back into the default tiles setting as opposed to the details setting that you just set up at the beginning of the session...

I am an obsessive, and this sort of nonsense drives me around the bend