View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 04:35 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Give it another go...

Nice try, but no cigar...but that's o.k.

When I log on, it goes immediately to "Tiles" view. I don't want Tiles, I want "Details." I've been working on this for months, along with others, so don't consider me a newbie, or that you have missed something. Bigger minds then ours have failed and given up ...even Microsoft! They lied when they said that XP-SP2 would solve the problem...nope, it didn't!!!

I just thought that I'd give you guys a chance to spread your wings on a real problem that has plagued a very large number of people...hundreds... It is a well documented problem on the net. You'd probably get a nobel prize if you could solve this one. I'm not a programmer, so I'm up a stump. I just test progs.

Some have even gone so far as to say it is "file-fatigue" [as if] ...i.e. XP's files get so worn out that they just fail to cooperate in tight corners...illogical!

This is a save-settings function that is supposed to hold when you shut down...i.e. your settings get saved. But between shut down and start up, the command disappears...or it is not getting saved on shutdown, as it says it is doing.

I believe "we" need a command to over-ride whatever is going on at the "save your settings" point on shut-down...to bring "it" back in line with what should be happening.

Part of the issue also, is that the icons in the Task Bar, sometimes move about randomly...they sometimes default to an alphabetical arrangement, after I put them in an "as used" arrangement...so I can go to them quickly and blindly at times.

It's damn annoying when you get your settings just so, then you come back to find that you have to reset them.