View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 PM

About:
Zane is on a distinguished road

Default Thanks

Thats what I am doing. I got a new laptop and have loaded One Care on it to see how it goes. AVG as of the 15 is no longer available as a freeby. I have been quite happy with it, but that's how it goes.

Adware and Spyware are two of my concerns. I have used, or tired to use several free programs over the years, but they don't always get the job done and I believe (I know) some find themselves to try to get you to buy them. I have been using Windows Defender for awhile now and it appears to be working, but how do I know? I don't other than I think I am still myself as a single entity.

One thing that I do and that I recommend everyone should do is upgrade to Explorer 7 and delete everything each time you go out on the net. I have used a program called cleanup for years and clean up every time I finish a surfing session.

I do not store my social security number or any numbers or accounts on my computer, so if I do get hacked, they won't get much except copies of some of my emails or a copy of a letter.

Just trying to decide what to do for my two computers now that AVG free isn't and thinking about other problems that come up.

Thanks

Zane