View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Administrator

About:
Sami has a spectacular aura aboutSami has a spectacular aura aboutSami has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I am not computer literate and need some help.I have the AVG free addition 7.1 and received a meesage that this is to be terminated in Jan 2007 to be replaced with the 7.5.version.I have tried to download this several time without success to date,I have the 7.5 icon on my desktop but this tells me that some files arte corrupted and try again.Could you please advise me how to go about this download from start to finish so that it replaces the 7.1 programme.Thank you for your anticipated reponse. bob 27
Hi Bob,

I think the file which you have downloaded might be corrupted/or is not the full version, as the file is big (16.9 MB) many users get disconnected before the file is fully downloaded. What kind of Internet connection do you have? Also try downloading during quite periods i.e later in the night or early in the morning.

If the file is fully downloaded then you can try Manually updating AVG antivirus here are the instructions from AVG forums
AVG Free Forum :: Update Issues :: How to Manually Update AVG