View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 09:46 AM

About:
ragzeeboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidUnot
Hi

Let me firstly introduce myself, I joined as a member about 2 weeks ago but due to commitments I have had only a small amount of time to do my computer business so please excuse me for not posting on this site earlier than this.

Problem:

I have a Vaio laptop, on which I recently had to reinstall the MS - XP Pro OS, the thing is the following site (below) which is Sony's has hijacked my homepage. Despite even going into the registry to get rid of it searching sites like Sony's (sheer waste of time ),MS, lots of FAQ's, Kellys Korner etc I cannot find a solution to this hijacking. I have run progs such as "Hijack This", "TUT", & others. I have extensive security measures & have run the best security progs going to look for Trojans, BOT's etc. I have to admit I am at a loss. I'm hoping that someone else has had a similair experience and can help me out.

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop

Mem: 1.25 GB
HDD: 125 GB
I am running IE7, which I installed after the problem started, si its not IE7
I am also running now Firefox & Thunderbird & there is no problem with Firefox & my homepage there. I installed this to get around the IE7 problem, but it doesn't cure the original problem.

The site that has hijacked my IE7 browser is:

http://wwww.club-vaio.sony-europe.co...o/en/home.jsp/

This site also tries to connect to the net with the following "BIOS Info Forwarder from SONY ITE" but this is blocked by my anti dial out program.

Its odd that Sony have hijacked my browser & even odder that they want info about my BIOS etc which, if it hadn't have been for my protective progs, would have been given to Sony without my knowledge.

I have given below the site addresses of 2 excellent freeware progs that I find very useful. No spyware etc. You can donate to them if you wish.

1) Simplecheck, nice little anti spammer program:

SimpleCheck Home Page

2) Master Lister 2.2, lovely little prog that prints lists of anything on your computer.

AxiomX Multimedia

I hope you find them as useful as I have, enjoy.

Many thanks in advance to anybody who can help me out.

KidUnot
G'day Mate,your problem comes from Sony's DRM, it installs itself in rootkit of Windows it's a wonder you haven't heard the screams all around the world about it.Anyway the best tool to remove it is to go to Sysinternals Freeware and download the rootkit revealer,it's free and allows you to delete anything from Sony or anything else you may think is suspicious, but be very careful with what you do,sorry I couldn't post a direct link,It's the usual story.I've got it here somewhere but can;t find it at the moment. Hope this helps,ragzeeboy