View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 05:31 PM

About:
jperret2003 is on a distinguished road

Tried all that you said - Not only could I not find "rstrui.exe" in any of the folders you mentioned but I noticed that i didn't even have "I386" folder. Anyway i pulled out my
XP installation disk to see if i could find it and did - extracted it but also had to find "srrstr.dll" which i did and copied that one to - nothing - want on the web - found out that i didnt even have "SR.inf - found that and ran it - well now at least i have "Restore" in my System Tools. but when i run it all i get now is "System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run System Restore Again." So I guess it just go at it a little each day (Burn Out) and maybe someday i will be able to use it once again - Thanks Pete for the Suggestions - your help is greatly appricated - and if you have any more suggestions - they will be welcomed.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami
Windows XP has a great feature to allow users create Restore Points, Before you install new software, add hardware devices, or change the registry you might want to create a Restore Point. This way if something goes wrong with the changes you made, you can revert back to previous state.

To create restore points follow the steps below:
  • Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> click System Restore.
  • In the System Restore dialog box -> click Create a restore point -> click Next.
  • Type a description for your restore point, such as "Before install_on_Apr30", -> click Create.
If your system fails, and you want to revert back to your previous state
Press F8 in the boot menu, and then click Last known good configuration.
Windows XP restores your system to the most recent restore point.