View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 04:01 PM

About:
rndm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_Wilson
*Simple cases first, before resorting to all out havoc and destruction of your computer (j/k)
Hehe, the usual "pep" talk

I've tried removing components, (with the power, lol) and all that, but still no joy. Unfortunately I think it might be a writeoff because of that damn static (as you said!) but there's something which took a slightly more sinister turn the last time I booted it to try some of your suggestions, as I plugged it all back up and there was a big *BANG*, seems my powersupply exploded, and caught fire!

I turned it off at the mains pretty sharpish and it sort of burned out but took a sizable chunk of the mobo's top ports, IDE cables and the RAM...

I've just had someone examine it and it was due to some (presumably, as it's pretty decimated) faulty wiring in the PSU which actually blew the mobo bridges and stopped most of the system from working, except for the single supply devices (like the fans I suppose?)

It did make me jump a hell of a lot though, I've never been that close to something exploding before, but I'm thankful that it was only a small one, and that it was my older mesh rather than the new one or my laptop!

Thanks for your help anyway, much appreciated!