View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 PM

About:
ThomasW is on a distinguished road

MMORPGs are essentially all I play as far as gaming. I have recently spent some time with "The Movies" and "Civilization IV" but they were very short-lived. Ever since I first got enthralled with EQ I have spent a lot of my gaming time following and playing various MMORPGs. I have played most of them at this point, although some have slipped through the cracks.

The one I am most looking forward to at this point is probably Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Vanguard is a fantasy MMORPG along the lines of Everquest, which is actually been developed by Sigil Games. Sigil Games was founded by Brad McQuaid who was the originator of Everquest. The game is also being published by Microsoft. Microsoft's track record in the MMORPG space is not good. They have canceled several efforts in the last few years, and then had the Asheron Call Series before they sold it to Turbine, outright.

Anyways, for more information on Vanguard, I suggest checking out the Vanguard Developer Digest at VanBard

I am not playing any games at the moment. I beta tested both EQ2 and World of Warcraft, and then played EQ2 for a while after release.