View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 01:07 PM

About:
William_Wilson has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam_Wilson has a spectacular aura aboutWilliam_Wilson has a spectacular aura about

encryption can and should be important to all computer users. Especially those who belong to countless sites with username and passwords, unless you're using the same name and pswrd for all sites (which is the worse thing you can do) you probably have them written in a notepad somewhere... am i right? i bet you wouldn't want anyone knowing your credit card # or bank login, or how about your paypal password?
As an everyday example, the average university student needs to be careful of theft, especially in a computer major, i've seen assignments compared and students given zeros for copying/cheating (when the files had actually been "stolen"), if they had encrypted or protected there files somehow then it wouldn't have happened. I don't use encryption everyday, but everyone has 'sensitive' data on there computer, know it or not, and it really should be protected.
*Especially if it is portable!

</Dream In Code>
-William. ยง (marvin_gohan)