View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 03:31 AM

About:
sysvop is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmei View Post
I've run into the same problem.

In my case, the problem was caused by a single short cut on a desktop. When I removed that shortcut and re-created it, the problem has completely gone!!

The shortcut was ok for a very long time, so I don't know the exact reason why it suddenly caused the problem. But anyway it was solved for me.

How to find the bad shortcut:
1) put everything (except My Computer, My Documents etc) on the desktop into a new folder.
2) open that folder in a small window and scroll within it. When the bad shortcut appears in the window, the explorer.exe immediately crashes.
3) remove that shortcut.
Thank you thank you thank you! The only reason i registered here is to say thanks This problem has been driving me nuts for the past weeks, it affected my work laptop and it became soooo annoying to work around it. No spyware/adware/virus found, windows system file check / chdsk / ... showed no error at all, googling before finding this suggested it's either a trojan (none was found) or that somehow the Desktop folder got moved elsewhere by some windows update (which isn't the case). I was then blaming RAM or hard drive and was about to throw it out the window...

This saved my day!!