View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 PM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bads View Post
hi lurkswithin,thx for the reply, hope i got this right ? by right clicking on my computer ive come up with this,......computer..AMD Athlon 1.08GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM, other stuff listed is NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900....processor ..x86Family 6 model 8 stepping 1 authenticAMD~1075Mhz..(service pack 2 ). im not sure if this is all the info you need? but as i said its all new to me and all help is most welcome, many thx again lurkswithin for your time. ps im in the united kingdom.
Well, That is part of what is normally referred to as specs. Mostly when someone asks for specs they are referring to:
1) computer manufacturer
2) Computer Model Number
3) Operating system
4) motherboard
5) CPU
6) memory (RAM....manufacturer/amount/speed)
7) graphics card
8 ) sound card
9) harddrives
10) Optic drives
11) anything special such as water cooled, major wattage power supply, SLI
any over clocking, dual booting.

The first two being the most important and should always be specified then the others being progressively less important or switched in importance because of the topic of conversation. In this case we are trying to determine the upgradeability of you computer. Thus the main specs that would need to be given would be:
1) computer manufacturer
2) computer model number
3) motherboard if known
4) CPU if known
5) operating system (this is important because most people don't realize
that they are using 64 or 32 bit technology!