View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 02:25 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Start > set program access and defaults make sure that the box is checked to use IE as your browser. And that the windows media player is also checked for your media files.

If they still do not work you may need to install them.To do so you will need the installation CD or a copy of the I386 files stored on your computer somewhere.

Start > control panel > add/remove programs > add/remove windows components (on left side) and check to add the IE browser and the media player.
If the media player is not listed then you must go to microsoft.com and download the latest one.

As to the DVD... two problems I see could be revelent.
1) the DVD's that you brought with you or downloaded prior to the coming to the states will always need the original dvd setting that was used in the country that you came from.
2) the DVD's that you got in Wisconsin have to be viewed using region 1.

With that said...you can only change the region 4 times on most DVD players. Sometimes going to the players manufaturer's website you can get a firmware update that will reset the amount of times that can be changed. If not then you will need to get another player and re-set the region to that of which you have the DVDs from.

VLC is a great program.
I prefer mediaplayer clasic as my video and audio player as it has all the plugins available to play most video files around.

K-Lite Codec Pack Full from
Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 4.7.0 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 4.7.0 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 4.7.0 BASIC : K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools

has the media player and all the codecs you will need.