View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:49 AM

About:
Stuhak is on a distinguished road

When I was at Pace I took learned assembler language in a separate course apart from Operating Systems. My professor felt uncomfortable letting us graduate withou learning it. Now the same course uses HTML to teach the same principles of programming such as linked lists and simple calculator simulators. Keep in mind my DOS Operating system was written withou the use of assembler. I've heard of languages written in the same language. Something like trying to pull the rug from underneath you while you're still standing on it.
DOS background and foreground colors can be changed when started with the CMD command used in START/Run/CMD. After opening the CMD window (DOS) Right Click on the icon in the upper left corner and Click properties on the drop down menu. Click on the "Color" tab and have fun. However it would be more fun to create a DOS skin.
As far as ASM (Assembler Language), I learned it in a week or two before the final exam and I'm hardly a genius. If you feel you're too young to enroll then at least try to stop in at a college bookstore and see if there's anything that might help.
Auditing a course may still make it possible for you to attend without officially being enrolled in the scholl. It's a fraction of the cost compared to actually attending the school since you're getting any credit toward graduation. The rules may be totally different regarding age. You may only need your parent's help and permission of the instructor. It's better than going to camp for the summer. It would also give you a good idea of what college is like should you want to go one day. Start by writing a letter to your local college letting them know you're thinking of auditing or sitting in on a course.
I wish I'd saved my books. I could have leant them to you but they're long gone. I didn't even think Pascal was still in use.
--Stuart