View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamingreggsmith View Post
right, again i have had a few similar problems but the one that came up with that error was a... really broken hard disk. However this is unlikely in your case because in Lenovo the first thing to break is windows, not hardware. Assuming that your hardware is ok you could look up on google for a linux distrinution iso and burn it with you new laptop (or live USB if no cd which is unlikely). Then boot from it as a live cd, no data will be affected. If you have a problem with your NTFS partition, install linux to flash disk, get WINE (not to drink but the virtualization style program) and run something like recuva to get your files bak or use a virtual machine to test your recovery cd for faults and if its the cd ask for a new one. Now if what I said is in some way wrong please dont yell, im only 13 and by the way this is for Lurkswithin cause I know he will post: take it easy pal!
I have no problem with you posting anything, Bud, or anything from anyone else for that fact, unless it is asinine information.... Stating that you are only 13 years old doesn't mean squat to me. Posting inadequate information or wrong information is what gets to me as it is a waste of time to all that is concerned because someone will have to go in and submit the correct way to fix not only what was wrong to begin with but also repair that which was submitted wrongly ( in some cases there is nothing left to do but re-format and re-install after some people wrong information is followed). This also leads to people becoming angry at the forums.

If you are only guessing use it on your own computer to see if it works first before submitting it to someone else.