View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:29 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Sounded like a good idea at the time, but I previously had a dual boot set-up with XP loaded first and Vista second. (x64) for both

My Vista partition became full so I was ready to get rid of XP and try to combine both partitions so I would have more space for Vista. I thought the best way to do this would be to remove both OS's and reload Vista and make the partition bigger at that time....

I deleted both partitions thinking it would let me format/ recreate a bigger single partition for Vista. It won't do that. I now have 2 unallocated drives and no primary drive, only a logical. I tried then to just reload Vista onto the same partition it just came off of and it starts to load and then I get an error.

My system is set up in a RAID 0 config and the array shows up in the BIOS.

I additionally have a swap partition and a data partition that I can see when I am trying to load Vista so I believe those are okay.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I might try to get Vista back on and or how I can combine these to "unallocated" drives as one.

Is it something to do with a RAID driver needed for the OS to continue?

Thanks much for your help!!
It would help if you mentioned what the error was that caused you to fail...and also how is it that you are trying to install vista?