View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:49 PM

About:
Will09 is on a distinguished road

Default Missing Internet Explorer Program

To Whom It May Concern?

This is the first time I have used this program-so please be patient,if I don't do everything correctly.
Before asking my question(s),let me give you some background information:
I have had my Computer(a Yakumo-mfg.and purchased in Germany).I have had it for about 4 years;The only alterations I have made with it are:installation of a floppy disk drive(in Germany);installation of a different video card(fits,but not one that came with the computer-by a friend in Wisconsin,U.S.-7 months ago);replacement of power supply(done by computer repair store in Wisconsin-11 months ago-to allow usage with U.S.electrical system(to 110 v from 220 v.).
I have re-installed the Windows XP Pro O.S.at least 3 times;the last time,I think I used as different partition on my hard drive?I think after my last re-installation of the O.S.(using the CD,that came with the Computer)-not realizing it at first-that the Internet Explorer program was installed and working.

I have tried to re-install(without success)both Internet 7 and 8.When I click on the I.E.icon-I get nothing to open up,and the program just disappears??
I have installed other browsers,such as mozilla firefox, google chrome,and opera;they all seem to work Ok.?

Also,my Window's media player does not work-probably because my I.E.is not installed and working.
However,with the Window's Media Player-I made the mistake of changing the
Region twice-is now on #2(for European DVD's) -but does not work at all,for
DVD's.

I did download and install the VCL media player-but it does not seem to work correctly?the picture and audio-seem to be jerky,and the picture on the DVD
continually slips.

I would greatly appreciate it,if anyone who reads this post,and thinks they might have the solutions and actions known to correct these issues/problems on my computer-would Email me at [email protected],or reply to this
post.
Thank You,
Bill Colbert(aka Will09)-Mon.March 2,2009.