Thread: xp and vista
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 04:14 PM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowgirl666 View Post
i got a new laptop with vista can i put vista on my old laptop with xp i need to fix other laptop some howrealy need to take xp off old one and reinstall can some one tell me how to do both thanx
You will need to have a legal installation disc with license to be able to do that.
First you will need to determine if the old laptop with XP can actually support windows vista operating system. This means that you must find all the hardware driver files in vista for all the hardware that is installed on your old laptop. The simplest way to do that is to visit the manufacturers website and look under support>drivers/downloads>your computer model > and see if they used the same computer for upgrading to windows vista.

When you gather all the driver files....motherboard chipset drivers...graphics...sound...and being laptop > keyboard and touch pad drivers as well. then you should be able to just boot to the installation CD and install vista...once installed install the drivers.