View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 04:28 PM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by status1 View Post
I don't have any more startup programs than I have on the other one
This is right after installation so I did not add any applications.
I also disabled all the services except the ones needed by windows and still did not make it any faster that's why I was trying to see what are the minimum files needed by windows in order for it to boot
As far as the hardware the only thing that is different is the motherboard since I am using the same monitor and hard drive when comparing the 2 pc's
As far as the laptop the only difference is the motherboard + screen and the hard drive
Is there any one particular hardware that can make it that much slower or it's a combination of hardware ?
It could be a combination of various different things...Memory boards act differently installed in different computers. A slight leak of memory can slow things down.Registry files that are broken or empty pathes are a major instigator. It could also be that a single file got corrupted or installed badly when the operating system was installed....

Basically there are millions of bytes of coding that any single one goes bad can have adverse effects on a system.

Power supplies are rated by their ability to put out a fixed voltage but are governed by their percentage of accuracy. if it is not accurate their is a strong possibility that it will slow things down.....failing capacitors and diodes will do the same thing!