View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpak193968 View Post
After trying the directions and actually making a new partition, the system says I can not allocate the part about NTFS because I have the maximum number of drives> 4. There is the C and the Recovery, then there is a 75 mb EISA and a 2.5 gb that warns me to not delete it. What would be in there?
Before you do anything else....we need to know exactly what make and model of computer are you using...

C would be the vista operating system.

Recovery could be either the make recovery discs files or a recovery partition holding the ISO copy of the vista operating system

75mb EISA partition is a bus protocol to convert older 16 bit hardware into operating systems into 32 bit operating system normally used by IBM and HP on Servers

2.5g do not delete would be another recovery partition but you should not have 2 and that is why we need to know what computer you have!

The reason you are unable to use the NTFS format in the logical partition you created is because the built in Microsoft disc management program will only allow 4 logical drives to a system.... so we need to determine what all it is that you have in there so that it can be determined as to what can be changed without hurting your system!