View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:43 PM

About:
colinyr77 is on a distinguished road

trouble

Hi, status1,
wright i dun it all again, formated the hard drive with EASEUS PARTITION MANAGER. Then put the DOS 7.10 boot cd (boot disk.com) shutdown pc.
Changed hard drive over to slot 1 master reboot pc. Press f2 on start up to get to BIOS setup. Auto detect hard drive (pressed enter) changed boot order IDE-0 1st then hit f10 to save and exit. pc restarts DOS install starts i install full installation & add-ons (MBR) set up yes get to the end of install and it says CONGRULATIONS! YOU HAVE COMPLETED MS-DOS 7.10 INSTALLATION to use DOS 7.10 you must restart your system please remove this disk before reboot witch i did but before it reboots i turn it off and change hard drive back to slot 2. boot up pc. Auto deteced hard drive in BIOS set it to boot from hard drive f10 save and exit
xp starts. Go to my computer right click open D disk drive, drag and drop 1386 from desk top to local disk D. Shut down pc. Put hard drive back in lap top hit the power. Get to the page it say's toshiba in big letters at the bottom it says press <ESC> to post or f2 to CMOS setup. I do not press anythink then i get a screen that is as follows

cpu=intel(R) m processor
495m system RAM passed
1024K cache SRAM passted
system BIOS shadowed
vidio BIOS shadowed
fixed disk toshiba MK4025gas
mouse initialized
ERROR
0271 check date and time settings
WARRING
0271: system CMOS checksum bad-DEfault coniguration used

press <F1> to resume, <F2> to setup