View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 05:51 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOSUN View Post
Help! I'm not a pro here, just want to get some old files off of my broken HD. It's a partitioned drive with 15Gig on the FAT32, which also holds the damaged OS (Windows XP startup files got corrupted in a power outage). Then there's a 60Gig NTFS drive with no OS on it that has most of the files I want on it. When I plug it into a USB/IDE cable to run it as an external, the only part of the drive that shows up is the FAT32 part that has the OS on it. When I try to open it in Explorer (my laptop uses Vista), Explorer stops responding. Sometimes I can see the folders but I'm never able to open them. I'm thinking there is a conflict with both drives trying to operate simultaneously, but I'm not sure how to fix it. All I want are family photos and files from the old D drive, and I'm coherent enough to follow directions and steps if I'm told how to do this. Thanks! If you need more info let me know..
What is this usb/ide cabe? Just an adapter cable? Are you pluging in an external power source as well? because that may be the problem...Just trying to figure out where you are at here so as to forgo issues you have already done!