View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 03:10 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by compquest View Post
i sincerely doubt that and always, there is something that can be done.

Whatever!

Quote:
i reformat often and would like to know how i can install XP from the hard drive itself because i dont have a floppy and a cd drive.

unfortunately I dont have access to a desktop right now and i cant do the tutorial i just read here that looks nice and easy.

anyway i was experimenting with my laptop and accidentally deleted everything.. hahaha

so i now can start from scratch. i believe this can be done through dos? I downloaded the dos 7.1 intaller cd here, thanks to the uploader Sami.

I would really appreciate if we could build a tutorial from my problem to help also anyone in the future.

Many thanks and more power to this site.
Let me get it straight so that I and everyone can understand this..

You want to install XP from the harddrive because you :
1) Have a computer where the CD/DVD player is either missing or does not work
2) Have a computer where the floppy drive is either missing or does not work.
3) you don't have access to a desktop and because of that you can't do the tutorial that you read here
4 and being the moron that you are...you were playing around with your laptop and accidently deleted everything hahahahaha
5)And now you can start all over from scratch.
6) yet somehow you are inteligent enough to determine that you can reinstall XP through DOS. and even downloaded a CD installation disc of DOS 7.1 from this site

1,2) No where do you mention any other ports that can be used to connect to another computer so I and everyone that reads this must believe they are non existent or you would have mentioned them.
"I reformat often" 4,5,) this really got to me because I had a hard time trying to figure out what you did to accomplish this with the information that you gave. "I reformat offen".... How could you possibly do this??? Windows will not allow you to format an active system from within itself so you must have downloaded and installed some third party program to accomplish this and again must have either made different partitions with some other third party downloaded program and made it bootable to the formating program. But you managed some how and to delete all the files by your playing around and now you wish to start fresh!
6) this was the killer...you have no CD/DVD player so why on earth would you determine to download the DOS 7.1 installer cd from this site and expect to use it to be able to re-install the XP operating system from scratch!

This sounds like the same garbage that this other poster b1caez01 tries to pull.