View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiteshG View Post
hello william ... thanx for sharing ur important time to post such a valuable info... i want to downgrade vists but i got a problem in the starting itself ...
there are two drives ( C and D) in my inspiron 1525...while i tried to partition the C drive (D is recovery drive) i got the following error:
"you can not create a new volume in this unallocated space because the disk already contains the maximum number of partitions"

could u plzzz help me out.. what to do... its very urgent for me... i'llbe grateful to u...
thanx in advance....
If you use windows disc management then you may only have 4 logical partition to any windows system. This includes all drives and partitions.

In order to get around this you need to use a third party disc manager or boot manager.
You may use GAG a free boot manager to install up to 9 different partitions on installed drives...or you can look into others such as Partition Magic.
If you use the boot manager....you don't have to install any other operating systems ( nice though that it would be pre-set up)