View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 07:33 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

I Got this off the web a while back and lost the link to it! But I think this will explain a bit to you as well about these flash viruses and the failure of double clicking.... The tool link was bad and I relocated the file for you in the new link. I hope it works but be aware that some anti-virus programs have multiple false positives from this tool

I haven’t had a chance to meet this virus myself for long time since I heard this symptom happened to my mom’s computer and you know what? I thought it’s a registry broken. I had tried to edit my mom’s registry but no luck. I couldn’t do anything other than this though because I didn’t see it myself. However, the time is come. First I saw this symptom is like some programs override the default shell of Drive. What happen is you have to right–click on drive, just to open it. And you will see Auto-bold to show that’s default of double click action. As you know, it’s just like nothing happen; nonetheless, the virus is activated and spreads into your computer. This virus, aka “flashy” family, use flash or external drives as medium to spread. However, it doesn’t effect other tasks at all, as I know–pls correct me if I’m wrong.

The tool I found is pretty easy to use, just double click and wait. You may find that seems like your computer almost freeze, but don’t worry it’s not. When everything turns to normal, your computer is good to go.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...isinfector.exe