View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 04:18 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by grungesabin View Post
i want to install symantec antivirus in windows XP in safe mode but i m not through normal procedure. do i need any third party software to do so if yes which one would be better?? what do u people think about windows installer if its good where can i get it from??

Are you absolutely sure that you wish to use symantec.?

I wouldn't install that program on any one's computer. It is extremely invasive and once installed has been known to cause issues on it's own. The only true way to uninstall it is by reformat and re-installation of the operating system.

It is your choice though!

Unless there is some problem that you are not telling us...there is no need to install through safe mode. You can install it through regular installation and if need be run it in safe mode...which is the best way to run any anti-virus/spyware programs.

If you are just set on installing through safe mode then you need to start safemode with cd rom support and then install the program.