Thread: Best LAN Games
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 08:59 PM

About:
MagusZeto is on a distinguished road

What it all comes down to at a lan is speed. Our lans usually end up including starcraft, but only about one game because it takes too long. With this in mind, I bring you two perfect lan games, crazily high speed and not to difficult to learn... if you're not a moron. For the RTS genre, there is really only one thing I can suggest: Emperor: Battle for Dune. It's incredible speed ensures that within 5 minutes of your first game's start, one player will have been annihilated. Very balanced, but very fast gameplay. For the FPS genre, I give you a free game: Warsow. It is without a doubt the fastest fps there is. It's cell shaded graphics always look very clean, if not amazing, and the space-pun style is quite interesting. But Warsow's main draw is the speed: while you may walk at a slower speed by default than quake or unreal, it is highly unlikely you will be walking: bunny hopping, strafe jumping, rocket jumping, and plasma climbing are the staples of the game. It's not many games in which you see two people moving in opposite directions at 3x walking speed have a midair no-scope sniping firefight. Definitely a valuable addition to your lan games; if you can handle it.