View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 PM

About:
TMH26 is on a distinguished road

trouble Dual booting Vista/XP questions.....

OK... first let me say I have looked in other posts all over the internets and while there are some related none actually meet my exact situation and I'm going nuts.

oK, here goes. I have Vista Ultimate 64-bit and XP Pro on 2 separate drives. What I want is to have the BCD boot up and give me the choice between Vista on 1 drive and Xp on the other. Now, I manage to get this to work but by installing easyBCD to the XP install and copying BCD files and... well lets just say it works but not correctly. The Vista installation slows down once in place and it screws up the MBR.

I am no novice but if someone could just give me a step by step including which bios drive to boot and all in order I would appreciate it soooo much. I dont mind wiping both OS's and starting from scratch (in fact I'd prefer to). Just a clear order would be great i.e.- when to install each OS and what to put in easyBCD all in the order that will lead me to the end result.

(p.s.) I'd also want each OS to read itself as the C: drive while in it's environment.

I'm so sick of the trial and error and would love some help. Thanks!!