View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:22 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman1 View Post
Thanks for all the info you have supplied lurkswithin.

I presently have spywareblaster, spybot S&D, & Avira. I will take your advise and install the Ccleaner, ATF cleaner, and Winpatrol.

I uninstalled zone alarm and I ended up with a blue screen, coincidental - I'm not sure. Was able to reload with last best known config.

I have a router, which I have read blocks for incoming. I am going to install comodo for extra protection on outgoing.

I normally check my mail on line before I download to my computer to get rid of the junk. Unfortunately, my other half is a basic computer user and will open up outlook and receive all the junk which is why I am looking at installing spam software for outlook. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use - free version of course.
Your ISP is usually set up with excelent filters for blocking spam. Use their IT people to work with you on using their software before it even reaches your outlook box.

Same goes for Gmail and Hotmail and MSN. There is no sense in adding programs and applications to your computer for no reason. Your isp is committed to illiminate spam as much as you are or more because of the garbage that it causes them!