View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 04:40 PM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daugust View Post
LurkW/in, thanks for the time you're spending on this.

I'm wondering - can I use my laptop as the external hd, and then use my Belkin file transfer software and cable that I used when I got my laptop? I know I"ll have to check if the cable will work. It should, the desktop my son has is the same desktop I have, and I transferred files from it to this laptop.

If not, I guess the safest thing for me to do now is take it to the GEEK SQUAD at Best Buy. I did try to ESC and EXIT on the cmd.exe screen but neither one did anything.

Any other thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Yes if you can open the files from your laptop and have enogh storage space.
Do not use the transfer wizard though...if you do you might bring something more than what you want. It will be a long process but I suggest you use drag and drop. Just pull the folders over and everything inside will follow. There will be some meta data that are attached to the music and it may get lost but don't worry about that. The music is what you want and any other personal files.

This is a perfect example of why regular back-ups should be made to an external device on a regular basis.

Were you able to check out event viewer? what was the errors stated there?

Thanks for the kudos, but I am here to help and will do so as long as I can and as long as you seem to be following direction. We will go through the motions together if something doesn't work then we look at something else and see if the problem lies there.

Others may also join in and suggest things as well...